2018/19 Evoenergy Vacation Program
Evoenergy are an electricity and gas distribution business that are committed to providing safe and reliable services to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT). We believe in safety for consumers and employees and by investing in our people, technology and other innovations as we strive to exceed our consumers’ needs now and into the future.
We boast a positive safety culture that encourages and inspires because the work we do matters to thousands of Canberrans. We have skilled teams of qualified tradespeople who are passionate about powering our community.
We need our workforce to be as diverse and engaged as the communities we serve, which is why Evoenergy is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values diversity and inclusion. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and all ages.
We also have a strong focus on gender balance within the organisation and encourage women to apply.
• Power your lifelong career
• Multiple opportunities available
• Earn while you learn
Vacation Program Application Dates: 1 October 2018 – 17 October 2018
Vacation Program Dates: 19 November 2018 - 25 January 2018
We are looking for collaborative, self-starting and energetic undergraduates to join us for the student vacation period.
We will provide you with on the job coaching and teach you in-line with safe work practices, while you build your technical skills.
You will be in your second last year of study and you care about building practical experience to conceptualise your studies.
We want you to be:
• Determined to provide solutions
• Open to learning new things
• Committed to safety
• Passionate about energy
• Open to thrive in a team environment
As a vacation student with us, you will get to work on one of the following:
• Project A - Distribution Networks, Differently
• Project B - Centralised v Decentralised Storage Modelling
• Project C - Customer Load Profile Modelling
• Project D - Testing with Hydrogen
• Project E - Let's Future Proof our Network
• Project F - Let's Automate our Asset Data
• Project G - Drone Operations
How do I apply?
Our recruitment process will include 3 steps:
1. Application – 1 October 2018 to 17 October 2018
You should apply through our e-Recruitment portal outlining:
• In 300 words or less, which project would you like to work on and what will you achieve during the vacation program?
• In 300 words or less, what does a culture of continuous improvement mean to you?
And, you should attach:
• A copy of your most recent academic transcript
Please note, there is no need for a cover letter in this application.
If you have questions about the vacation program projects, we encourage you to contact Glenn Pallesen, Customer Connections Branch Manager on (02) 6293 5715.
Or, if you need guidance with the application process, you can contact Talitha Vinall, Evoenergy Talent Partner on (02) 6248 3017.
2. Online assessment – 18 October 2018 to 22 October 2018
This will include:
• Occupational personality questionnaire
• General abilities assessment
3. Group interview – 30 October 2018
What does a day in the life of a vacation student look like?
• You are tasked with challenging and 'hands on' work every single day
• You will contribute to meaningful work for the Canberra community
Here’s what our past vacation students have said:
Power your career, like Fiona:
For more information on the vacation program at Evoenergy, please contact us via email@example.com.