Evoenergy is an electricity and gas distribution business committed to providing safe and reliable services to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT). We believe in safety for consumers and employees and by investing in our people, technology and other innovations we strive to exceed our consumers’ needs now and into the future.
We boast a positive safety culture that encourages and inspires our workforce because the work we do matters to thousands of Canberrans. We have skilled teams of qualified tradespeople who are passionate about powering the community and developing energy solutions for the future.
We want our workforce to be as diverse and engaged as the communities we serve, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer who values diversity and inclusion. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and all ages.
We also have a strong focus on gender balance within the organisation and encourage women to apply.
Our recruitment process
Our recruitment process will include 4 steps:
2. Video interview
3. Online assessment including a personality questionnaire, numerical calculation and reading comprehension
4. Hands-on assessment centre
5. Pre-employment screening including a national police check and medical assessment
Check this page for updates on the next round of apprenticeships.
Power your lifelong career
Multiple opportunities available
Whether you are fresh from school or looking to make a career change, with Evoenergy you can earn while you learn.
We are looking for collaborative, self-starting and energetic safety champions to join Evoenergy as apprentices.
We provide on the job coaching and train you in-line with safe work practices, while you build your technical skills.
As an apprentice with us
• You will follow a financially supported and structured training pathway to complete your Certificate III in Electrotechnology
• You will receive on the job coaching, mentorship and support
• The great outdoors is your office
• You are tasked with challenging and 'hands on' work every single day
• You will contribute to meaningful work for the Canberra community
What does a day in the life of an Electrical Fitter look like?
You will be:
• Performing substation maintenance
• Building substations to support new infrastructure around Canberra
• Connecting new customers with power
• Re-connecting power to existing customers
We want you to be:
• Open to learning new things
• Committed to safety
• Passionate about power
• Open to thrive in a team environment
• Determined to provide solutions
And equipped with:
• Year 12 Certificate or TAFE qualification equivalent (desirable)
• Drivers Licence
Then, we'd love to hear from you.
For more information on the apprenticeship program at Evoenergy, please contact us via email@example.com.