At Evoenergy we understand that some people depend upon a reliable electricity supply to operate life-support equipment such as an oxygen concentrator, a kidney dialysis machine or a ventilator. We want to look after you, so if someone residing at your premises depends on electrically operated life support equipment, we need to know and your retailer needs to know.
The following types of equipment have been classified as life support equipment:
- Oxygen concentrator
- Intermittent peritoneal dialysis machines
- Kidney dialysis machine
- Chronic positive airways pressure respirators (CPAP)
- Crigler najjar syndrome phototherapy equipment
- Ventilators for life support
- Equipment that your doctor says you need for life support
Register as a life support customer
When you contact us to register please have the following information ready:
- The address of the premises at which life support equipment is required, and the date from which it is required.
- The National Metering Identifier (NMI) which can be found on your retail electricity account.
- Confirmation from a medical professional that someone living at your premises requires life support equipment, and specifies the type of life support equipment in use.
Make sure you get in touch with your retailer to register for available rebates and keep them informed of your needs.
If you depend on electricity for life support equipment there is important information for you to know. Emergency contact details, our mutual obligations to keep each other informed, and planning and considerations in advance of possible power supply interruption.
- Read up on some of our suggestions to consider in advance of an extended power interruption.
- Download our Device Emergency Management Plan template
It is important to keep your retailer and us informed of your current contact details, or if circumstances change regarding your life support equipment at your home.
To apply for the Life Support Rebate, please contact your retailer.