Our demand side engagement strategy
Evoenergy’s Demand Side Engagement Strategy aims to create a cooperative and proactive relationship with customers and proponents of non-network solutions and involve them with Evoenergy’s network planning and expansion.
Evoenergy encourages customers and potential non-network service providers to participate in the Evoenergy demand management activities with the objective that future network problems can be met by a full range of solutions to achieve optimal economical and technical outcomes.
Evoenergy’s Demand Side Engagement Strategy objectives are:
1. to embrace Demand Side Management (DSM) and provide opportunities to our customers and non-network service proponents to participate in resolving network and customer supply limitations
2. develop and apply a transparent DSM process for network planning and development
3. identify DSM options for individual and broad based demand management situations
4. provide proponents of non-network solutions with simple and effective mechanisms for obtaining information on network development proposals
5. develop demand management tools and industry alliances to readily facilitate non-network options.
Evoenergy’s demand side management planning process begins with forecasting of future demand and identification of network constraints. We then examine demand management options internally before running a public consultation to get ideas from the community on what we could be doing.
After an initial assessment of those ideas we look for someone who can implement any ideas that we think will be workable and will show a better return than the best network option. It may be that the person or organisation who suggested the idea is chosen to implement it, but our procurement rules mean that we will almost always take a project to market to find out who can do it most efficiently for the community.
Download our demand side engagement strategy.