We deliver a number of non-accredited, network related training courses. These courses include:
- Evoenergy Electrical Safety Rules (ESR) covering how to apply the Electricity Supply Industry (ESI) safety rules, codes of practice and procedures for work on or near electrical apparatus, and access procedures to work on or near electrical network infrastructure
- Service and Installation Rules
COVID Impacts: Evoenergy training for Authorisation & Accreditation
Evoenergy is focused on providing a safe and reliable energy supply and ensuring the health and wellbeing of our people and the community.
With our Greenway depot and worksites closed to all external visitors, Electrical Safety Rules and Service & Installation Rules training has been temporarily cancelled.
We understand the completion of this training may be critical to your business operation and to minimise this impact, Evoenergy is implementing the following.
ELECTRICAL SAFETY RULES
- This training will be temporarily changed to an online format via a virtual classroom using Webex.
- Enrolments will be available from Tuesday 24 August using the Learning Sessions module in Beakon for classes commencing 27 August 2021.
- We will prioritise the enrolment of Learners who had not previously completed this training and were impacted by the recent cancellations. Further information will be provided separately.
• Training that expires between 1 August 2021 and 30 November 2021, will be extended to 28 February 2022.
SERVICE AND INSTALLATION RULES
An exemption will be applied to practical assessments until 01 August 2022. During this time, completing the S&I Rules eLearning module via Beakon will be satisfactory for initial and refresher training.
While pre-requisite training for authorisation and accreditation has been impacted by COVID restrictions, the postponement and or cancellation of training does not change the Evoenergy requirement that any person working on or near the Evoenergy network must be employed by an Evoenergy accredited company and be appropriately authorised.
To ensure those accredited businesses required to provide essential services in the ACT can continue to do so, the following extensions will be applied in Beakon to training related to authorisation compliance.
||Provide First Aid
||Review extension after 6 months. Any changes will be dependent on RTO training activity.
|12||Provide First Aid in an ESI Environment
|12||Elevated Work Platform Escape
|12||Elevated Work Platform Rescue
|12||Pole Top Rescue
|36||Operate and Maintain Chainsaw
|36||Fell trees manually
|12||Close Approach Vegetation Control (CAVC)
|12||Working safely near live electrical apparatus as a non-electrical worker
|12||Undertake release and rescue from a tree near live electrical apparatus
|12||Use climbing techniques to cut vegetation above ground near live electrical apparatus
We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation closely and will provide further updates as required. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding and support.
If you have any further questions, please email email@example.com