Electricity emergency

Gas emergency

  • Your distributor and retailer

    Distributors, such as Evoenergy, manage and operate the powerpoles, wires and underground cables that deliver electricity, and the pipeline system that delivers natural gas to customer premises.

    Distributors are responsible for:
    • conducting all maintenance, upgrade, and extension work up to the distribution network boundary (boundary with the customer's premises)
    • performing new connections, connection alterations, and other connection services relating to customer premises
    • ensuring energy supply continuity, responding to emergencies, and managing enquiries and complaints relating to the network management and related services
    • responding to emergencies, enquiries and complaints relating to the network management and related services.

    Distributors are not responsible for providing bills to customers. Bills are provided by retailers.

  • What is a retailer?

    Retailers purchase energy and sell it to customers. Retailers are responsible for using consumption information to calculate the bills which they then send to customers.

    Retailers utilise the distribution network to ensure the energy is delivered to the premises and act as an interface between customers and distributors for a number of customer services including:
    • arranging new connections and connection alterations to customer premises
    • energising and de-energising customer premises
    • other value-added services such as installation and maintenance of gas-powered appliances and hot water systems.

  • Who is my distributor?

    Your distributor is the one that operates the network at your premises. A list of distributors in each state and territory is available on the Australian Energy Regulator's website.

  • Is Evoenergy my distributor?

    Evoenergy owns and operates the electricity network in the ACT and owns the gas networks in the ACT, Queanbeyan, Jerrabomberra, Bungendore and Nowra. If you are still unsure you can contact us on 13 23 86.

  • Can I change my distributor?

    No. Distributors operate physical networks in specific areas. You can only get connected to the distributor that operates the network in your area. You can find out who your distributor is on the Australian Energy Regulator's website.

  • How is my supply regulated?

    Once your premises have been connected to our distribution network, you automatically enter into a connection contract with us.  This contracts sets out the terms and conditions relating to our delivery of energy to you, and your obligations to us (for example, providing us access to your meter).  This connection contract terminates if your property is disconnected.  The detailed terms and conditions for the termination of the contact are set out explicitly in the contract.

  • How are service interruptions managed?

    For a list of current unplanned outages status, please view our outages page. For more information on how planned and unplanned interruptions are managed, please read our Electricity networks customer charter or Gas networks customer charter.

    If you wish to report an outage, please call our 24-hour Faults & Emergencies Line on 13 10 93 for electricity or 13 19 09 for gas.

  • I want to enquire or complain about my bill

    Your energy bill is calculated by your retailer. Please contact them for any assistance on this topic. Your retailer's contact details can be found on your bill.

  • How can I submit a compliment or complaint?

    If you have a compliment or a complaint relating to our networks please refer to the contact us page for more information.

  • How do I setup a new connection?

    Please refer to our connections overview for information regarding different connection types.

  • Centralised hot water in multi-unit buildings

    For residential blocks of about fifteen or more stacked residential apartments, centralised hot water can be cheaper and take up less space than individual water heating.

    A typical gas centralised hot water system supplying residential dwellings includes:
    • one or more central hot water heaters, with corresponding gas meters
    • insulated piping to each apartment, with individual hot water meters.

    The total amount of gas consumed to provide hot water is split amongst the dwellings supplied. Each dwelling's gas consumption quota is calculated based on the amount of water flowing from the boiler to the dwelling measured by the hot water meter, and is reflected on your gas bill.

  • Useful external links
  • How is my personal information protected?

    Evoenergy adheres to all current applicable privacy regulation governing the way personal information is collected, recorded, stored, used and disclosed. For more information on how we protect your personal information please read our privacy policy.

  • Other enquiries

    If you would like further information, please call our general enquiries line on 13 23 86.

Loading power...